Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Dec 21st

Supposed to see the lunar eclipse last night. Not for a few hundreds years has the eclipse landed on the solstice. Well thank you for being overcast, snowing, and un-viewable. Guess I'll wait a couple more hundred years. Stupid snow. I had my camera, my dad, my fleece, and al the other necessities for a once in a lifetime event.
Saw Conspiracy today. Great movie about the meeting in 1944 when the Germans decided how to "evacuate" all the Jews. Very powerful. Great acting. Kenneth Brannagh and Stanley Tucci star in it and your jaw remains open when you hear how they justify what they're going to do. Unless you have hate in your heart, then you cheer along with the Germans in the movie.
My views were open slightly today about how the brain works and that we all have creativity inside of us, it's just a matter of how much is being used. It's like how we're all labelled on a scale of being gay. You're either really gay or not gay, but all of us have a bit of gay in us. We're either Mozart or a strict scientist, but we have to use creativity and originality to make it in the 21st century. I just started reading a book today on how to exercise the creative muscles in the brain and I'll keep checking in on how that's progressing.
As artists, we are no different than athletes. We must train, exercise, study, and execute so that when we perform, we are at our best. We don't have time to think while we're on stage because that leads to being in your head which takes away from connecting to honest behavior and emotions.
I've spent two days doing the stair climber and reading 100 or so pages in William Espers book about the Mesiner Technique and craft and I don't want to start writing about it until I finish it. I'm taking in a lot and don't want to make any judgements or think I know what I'm talking about until I can step back from it.
I used to be an awful therapist's patient. My job was to live my week, become aware of how I felt about things, bring those in to him, and he would do the analyzing. Well, I spent the whole week analyzing. I wanted to have the answers when I saw him each week. These are the times I think I'm the worst possible actor ever. I want to feel and portray truthfulness on stage to move people and lift a mirror to society's face. Analyzing is very important in the journey, but I need to shed that layer and reveal my open wounds to the salt of the world when called upon.
I also saw 3:10 to Yuma today. Interesting and very action packed. The one phrase popped in my head half way thru the movie and that was "Been there seen that". Not necessarily a bad thing but sometimes the passion of a project or the absence of it shows when certain acting choices are mad, certain lines are written, and certain shots are made that tells me it was the easy choice. I think most people won't notice it, but since I have made those choices before in the same frame of mind, I can spot them in a 30 million dollar film.
Christmas in 4 days! That's for you Kayla (who wrote an amazing poem today).

No comments:

Post a Comment